Business Core (London)
About the Role
The Product Analyst role will provide insight on how software is built and what defines good software. You’ll gain the experience needed if you one day want to create your own business built around a software product or act as a Product/User Experience lead. You can expect to quickly take on a lot of responsibility and will soon be making decisions that will impact AlphaSights many years from now. You’ll join our Business Core team which builds the software that powers our core business model and gives our Associates great tools to best deliver on client projects.
As a Product Analyst at AlphaSights, you will:
- Identify features and product ideas that will do the most to move AlphaSights forward.
- Challenge, refine and develop ideas and turn them concrete user stories that can be implemented by the software engineering team.
- Help organize the overall software development process of your products and features.
- Coordinate rollouts and communicate changes to the rest of the organization.
When developing an idea or product improvement, you’ll be expected to identify and meet with representative stakeholders across the various functions and office at AlphaSights. You’ll be looking at user behavior to analyze if an idea has merit and document the impact of segment and client differences.
You’ll be writing user stories and help determine the business value of each story. You’ll also be instrumental in shaping how stories are implemented in collaboration with the developers and designers working on the story.
Once a feature has been developed, you will work to coordinate the rollout, making sure all stakeholders understand potential workflow changes. You’ll also be involved in development of training material for new joiners and ongoing re-education.
What We're Looking For
At AlphaSights, we value diversity and individuality. Drawing on a range of experiences and perspectives better equips us to solve challenging problems. We believe you’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are interested in technology, especially software and product development.
- Have prior exposure to software development or a strong willingness to learn.
- Have strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle conflicting requirements from many different stakeholders.
- Desire to learn how to program, not to become a programmer but to aid in your understanding of software development.
- Are interested in solving real world business problems.
- Have excellent communications skills and are fluent in English, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to all audiences.
- Have a degree from a top tier university.
If you don’t meet these exact requirements, but feel like you have qualities and experiences commensurate with the above, feel free to apply below.
Software Engineering at AlphaSights